Joe De Sena is the CEO and co-founder of the Death Race and the Spartan Race, and the Host of the Spartan up Podcast. His an ultra-marathon runner, competing fourteen (14) Ironman’s and several hundred extreme races. He host individuals at his farm for long-term personalized outdoor training and promotes endurance sports, including Peak and Spartan.
De Sena is a contributor to publications including Entrepreneur. His also the author of best-selling books such as; Spartan Up: A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life and Spartan Fit! 30 Days. Transform Your Mind. Transform Your Body. Commit to Grit. No Gym Required (2016).
Here’s what was covered:
- Joe’s roller coaster childhood from cleaning pools into meeting a Chinese gentleman that change his life. [4:35]
- How Joe get introduced to entrepreneurship? [8:21]
- Joe’s mindset in making money from cleaning pools towards becoming the founder of Spartan Race. [11:26]
- How working in a construction get Joe into ultra-marathon and several hundred extreme races. [12:23]
- Joe’s reframed mindset from hitting low point in life and making sure his not going to fail. [15:22]
- His entrepreneurial superpower. [16:30]
- Joe’s 3 Secret’s to Success. [20:12]
Mentioned in the Podcast: